|Faction Overview||Strategic Overview||Tech Tree||History|
The Achaean League have the Power of Innovation. They replace the Americans.
Greeks have seldom had any love for foreigners, be they from the the village just a few days' travel away or on a distant foreign throne. In the wake of Alexander's passing in faraway Babylonia, the city-states of Achaea, headed by the richest city there, Corinth, rose against Macedonian domination to become a major Helladic power.
True to its republican ideals and roots, the Achaean League prizes individual resolve and ingenuity, and as such it is a major technological and social innovator just as it is also militaristic due to the dangers posed by its neighbours. Even so, the Achaeans face major challenges. Macedonia has reconstituted itself and seeks its century-old hegemony over the Greeks. The Athenians and Spartans have made pacts with the Egyptians and Carthaginians. And even then, new powers east and west are now stirring to conquer the world. Will the spirit of freedom be enough to preserve the Achaean League, or is it destined to end up in the dustbin of history?
- Deus ex Machina: First Wonder is built instantly, provided no other nation is building it also
- Ingenuity: Start with 1 Science Tech already researched
- Hellenistic Thought: Recieve a free Scholar whenever a new University is built
- Citizen Army: Military ground units upgrade 25% cheaper. Recieve +3 Food, Timber, Metal, and Wealth for every non-Scout Barracks unit while they are not garrisoned
- Eleutherophilia: Governments at the Senate are free
This faction is used to represent the Illyrian tribes of the eastern Adriatic. As expected, invading Histria and Dalmatia as Gens Julii in Imperivm Invictvm will see you fighting them in an effort to defend Italian cities from them.